Pepper flower is one of the climbing woody plants that are planted in gardens, and it is one of the climbing plants that are grown to cover fences, pergolas and cubes.
is also raised as shrubs, and the bougainvillea plant needs the sun to give abundant growth, and it is one of the plants that needs high humidity during the summer.
Bougainvillea plants are flowering plants, but the color in the flowers is the color of Alice, which is the color of the petals, but the color of the bracts.
Flowers continue on plants for a long time, and they bloom in different seasons according to the variety, and the bougainvillea plant follows the family Fam. Nyctaginacea.
How to control flowering bougainvillea plant.
It has recently been possible to control the growth of the bougainvillea plant and its flowers and make it planted in pots to be used at the time of flowering as flowering pot plants for internal coordination in homes.
The use of the bougainvillea plant has spread widely. Due to the small number of flowering plants that are raised inside the house, in addition to the abundance of flowering and the survival of flowers on the plants for a long time.
Bougainvillea is currently bred for this purpose on a commercial scale, such as azaleas, cyclamen, chrysthymium, poinsettia and begonia.
In this method, plants are raised in pots with a diameter of 10-15 cm, and the height of the plant is from 20-30 cm. To obtain that, the following follows.
* Get plants with many branches.
* Pushing plants to flower.
* Delaying flowering and staying on plants for a long time.
To achieve these symptoms, the following is done:
First: get multi-branched plants:
This is done by following:
* Propagation of plants with terminal cuttings, 7-10 cm long, by dipping the base of the cuttings in the hormone powder (Hormodin No.1).
* Cultivation in a mixture of house mousse + vermiculite in a 1:1 ratio.
* After about 4 weeks of planting the cuttings under the touch irrigation system (fog) with planting in the basins at a soil temperature of 24 degrees Celsius, where the plants are a strong and good root total.
* The resulting cuttings are individualized in pots, where a number of 1-5 cuttings are planted in pots, according to the diameter as follows
Pots with a diameter of 10 cm. A number of cuttings are planted from 1 to 3 cuttings.
Pots 12 cm in diameter A number of cuttings are planted from 3-5 cuttings
15 cm diameter pots, 5 cuttings are planted.
* After individualization and for a period of 4-5 days, the plants are placed under the heavy fog irrigation system for 5 seconds every 15 minutes, in order to prevent water evaporation from the leaves, provided that the temperature is about 18 degrees Celsius.
* After 10 days of individualization, the growing top is folded by hand in order to encourage the growth of buds and increase the number of branches.
Second: Pushing bougainvillea plants to flower.
Bougainvillea plants are pushed to flower by the following:
* In order to bloom, bougainvillea plants need a short day of less than 12 hours, and when planting in the summer, the day is long, so the day is shortened by covering the plants with black cloth (providing that the lighting period is only 9 hours).
Covering with black cloth takes place one to two weeks after the process of taming. As for planting during the winter season, when the day is short, it is covered one to two weeks after the process of taming.
What is important is the presence of plants in a short day, about 9 hours of illumination, and for a period of 4-8 weeks after the process of tamping, as the side buds begin to grow and appear.
Third: Delaying the flowering of bougainvillea plants:
The flowering of bougainvillea plants can be delayed, by spraying plants before placing them in homes with the hormone Naphthalane acetic acid (NAA) at a concentration of 30 parts per million, after 50-75% of the flowers have opened on plants.
As the effect of the NAA hormone varies according to the age of the flowers, it delays the fall of full-blown flowers, while immature flowers accelerates their fall, so spraying is carried out after making sure that 50-75% of the flowers open on the plant.
With this treatment, we keep the flowers on the plant in good condition for a period of 2-3 weeks, and the period the plant takes from transplanting the cuttings to Al-Azhar ranges between 11-15 weeks, distributed as follows:
* Within 4 weeks, the plant will have a strong root system.
* Within 3 weeks of seedling growth, (individuation – tamping – spraying with cyclocell).
* In 4-8 weeks of short day treatment to form and open flowers.
Method of removing the ends of bougainvillea plants.
After the process of removing the ends and the growth of the side buds to a length of 5-10 cm, it takes place again, and so the process of taming is repeated until we get a large number of branches, and then the plants are exposed for the short day.
Commercial types of bougainvillea.
1 – Infernal glabra
In this type, the flowers are reddish-violet.
2- The type of bougainvillea Barbar Karst and in this type the flowers are red in color.
3- A type of bougainvillea harris, and in this type the flowers are white.
4-Typsum bougainvillea temprefer, and in this type the flowers are red.
5- A type of bougainvillea, and in this type the flowers are dark purple.
6 – bougainvillea spectabilis, and in this species it is dark purple in color.