commonly known by various names including coojong, golden wreath wattle, orange wattle, blue-leafed wattle, Western Australian golden wattle.
Acacia saligna trees are widely spread ornamental trees, planted on roadsides, in public gardens and private gardens, as they are trees with abundant shade, especially in the summer.
Scientific name of Acacia saligna trees:
Acacia saligna ( Labil ) HL.Willd .
Botanical description of Acacia saligna golden wattle description.
- Acacia saligna is a small evergreen tree with leaves ribbon-shaft or reflexed, with a smooth texture, up to 20 cm long.
- As for the flowers, they are yellow in color and are found in unlimited inflorescences (racemic), and the fruits are horny and grooved:
Propagation of Acacia Saligna Trees:
- Acacia saligna trees multiply by seeds, after soaking them in water for 24 hours, where the seeds are planted in the planting boxes in the nursery. And when it reaches the appropriate length, it is transferred to the permanent ground or in large 50 cm pots.
Watering Acacia Saligna Trees
- Acacia saligna trees are irrigated regularly without drowning or thirst, as excessive watering can lead to rotting of the roots.
Fertilizing Acacia Saligna Trees:
- Acacia saligna trees need well-decomposed organic fertilizer during the month of December, where about 15-20 kg of well-decomposed organic fertilizer is added and mixed with the soil around the trees well.
- As for the chemical fertilization, it was missed. The integrated mineral fertilizer nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium NPK equivalent 19-19-19 is used at a rate of 100 g/tree of 5-10 years old every month except for the very hot months (June and July).
Soil suitable for growing Acacia saligna trees.
- Acacia salina trees need fertile soil with good drainage and free from harmful salts as they are very sensitive to salinity.
Environmental conditions suitable for Acacia saligna trees.
- Acacia saligna trees need moderate temperatures and do not thrive with high temperatures. They also weaken very much with high humidity, so it is necessary to take great care to pay attention to the irrigation process without drowning or thirsting.
Pruning Acacia Saligna.
- What is meant by pruning is to trim trees, remove dry branches, open the heart of the tree to sunlight, and determine the size of the tree according to its location, whether in public or home gardens.
pruning of Acacia saligna trees:
- The goal of pruning in Acacia saligna trees is to cut the stray branches to a certain length to trim the trees in proportion to their size and place of cultivation, as in pruning.
benefits of Acacia saligna.
- 1- Acacia saligna trees are used as.
ornamental trees in gardens and on both sides of roads and streets.
- 2- It is planted in public and private gardens, as it is one of the trees that shade the place in which it is located.