Growing and fertilizing lucky bamboo in water at home
The bamboo plant or the lucky plant, is one of the plants of the tropics and semi-tropics.
The lucky bamboo plant is also a semi-aquatic
plant, as well as it thrives in the aquatic environment, and it is one of the plants that love water greedily and does not tolerate drought at all.
How to breed bamboo indoors:
It is good to grow lucky bamboo plants at home in special pots called vases made of light-permeable glass. The following must be taken into account when raising bamboo indoors.
- * The bamboo plant or the lucky plant must be placed in the house in a half-shaded place, and the sun’s rays do not reach it to a large extent
As it does not tolerate direct sunlight, nor does it tolerate high light.
- * The bamboo plant should be placed in glass or plastic containers that are permeable to light.
- * The lucky bamboo plant must be placed in chlorine-free water, where it is placed in left or preserved water for 3-4 days until the chlorine volatilizes from it.
- * Lucky bamboo sticks are placed in chlorine-free water, provided that there are two or three knots inside the water.
- * It is absolutely not necessary to add any other plants with the lucky bamboo plant in the same vase, so that the secretions of the other plant do not harm the bamboo roots that are sensitive to any variables.
- * It must be taken into account not to cut or remove the water roots of lucky bamboo, but it must be preserved with great care, especially during the change of the vase water.
How to fertilize the bamboo plant at home.
The bamboo plant is fertilized at home every 30 days at least, and it does not like to exaggerate at all in the process of fertilizing the bamboo plant, which is done in one of the following ways.
- The bamboo plant is fertilized with the compound fertilizer NPK, that is, it contains nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. It is preferable that the phosphorus content be high, such as the compound NPK 10-50-10, at a rate of 1 cubic cm / 10 liters of water. If the NPK fertilizer is powder, then it is added. 1 g / 10 liters of chlorine-free water.
- Humic acid can be used at a rate of 1 g / 10 liters of water.
- It is possible to fertilize using liquid compost tea prepared as follows:
- 3 pound sof compost is brought and placed in 10 liters of water for 3-4 days, then we filter it well from impurities, then one cubic centimeter of the previous compound is added to one liter of water approximately every month
How to propagate lucky bamboo
plants at home:
Lucky bamboo plants are propagated at home in the following way:
- * The leg of (lucky bamboo) is brought, provided that it contains a number of cuttings, let it be 6 cuttings.
- * The direction of the eyes is determined to be upwards (and it should not be inverted) because if the eyes are turned, the multiplication will not succeed at all.
- * A lucky bamboo stick is cut so that each part contains three eyes (with the direction of the eyes determined upwards) and the upper part is pierced with an inclination to determine the direction of the eyes.
- * The upper part of the cut (which was cut with a slope) is painted with wax so that it is not exposed to the outside air and is susceptible to fungal diseases.
- * Distilled water free of chlorine and harmful salts is brought and separated, provided that it is placed inside a container (cup or vase), then a bamboo plant stick is placed in it, so that the lower bar is completely submerged in water.
- * Plants are monitored daily in case of water shortage, they are compensated and also not exposed to direct sunlight at all.